In today’s world, nearly 90 percent of people are suffering from joints pain like back pain and neck pain. Stressful lifestyle, incorrect posture, or continuous lying conditions are the main reasons behind this. Massaging chairs are helpful in reducing these painful conditions.
Massage therapy is mostly recommended by doctors for those who are suffering from joints or muscle pain. It is the best and effective way to treat the muscles of the back, neck, or leg pain. Previously massage chairs are expensive and everyone couldn’t afford them. But in today’s time, these budget chairs are affordable and easily available either online or offline in the various price ranges.
These chairs are more popular among people due to the many health benefits. A good massaging chair provides a relaxing experience like a therapist. But there are also some negative impacts of the massage chair. So just relax, we give complete details of the advantages and disadvantages of massaging chairs.
Advantages of Massage Chairs:
- Convenience: A good massaging chair is more convenient and easy to assemble. You can buy them and easily fit in your home for a massage. This can save your important and prevent yourself from the unnecessary booking of a spa or massaging centre. So that you can enjoy a massage at your home.
- Reduce pressure on nerves: The spinal nerves are running from the spinal cord through vertebrae. Any undue pressure or incorrect posture compresses them in the spine. This may lead to back pain, muscle pain, or sciatica. A massaging chair maintains the correct posture and puts the spine in a neutral relaxed position to reduce pressure on nerves.
- Relief from Stress: Most people face stress in everyday life. Stress is the main reason behind various health complications like high blood pressure, depression, asthma, diabetes, hair loss, etc. A massage chair help in reducing stress by giving relaxation to the body. Painful nodules are developed inside the muscle due to stress. Rollers and nodes in the massage chair play important role in relieving the pain. They break these painful nodules that cause body pain.
- Muscle Relaxation: Sedentary lifestyle and incorrect posture put excessive strain on the muscle. They will go into stiff conditions due to strain. A therapeutic massage stroke by the massage chair decreases the stiffed condition of muscle and reduce muscle pain.
- Posture: Stiffed or strained muscle causes regular body pain. Due to painful muscle, the posture of the body is also affected due to decreased mobility. Massage chair by therapeutic massaging strokes decrease the muscular pain and maintain a good posture. It will help in maintaining the horizontal position of the body that keeps the spine in a straight position. Regular use of a massage chair decreases postural problems.
- Improve Blood Flow: As the blood flow increases more oxygen and nutrient supplies to the muscles and the organs. Increased blood flow also reduces the toxins formations that cause pain. The immunity of the body is also improved and the skin becomes healthier.
- Lighten the mood:Continuous stress affect the mental capacities of the person. Affected mental capacity directly alters the performance of an individual. The massage chair acts as a stress buster and helps in releasing endorphins level. It also decreases the cortisol level in the body that increases the stress level.
- Improved Digestion: The massaging chair also stimulates internal organs and improves its performance. With increase blood circulation, the internal organs work at their optimal level to process food and increase the nutrient levels. It also stimulates the parasympathetic system to increase digestive activity.
Disadvantages of Massage Chair:
- Costly: Massage chair with more features are expensive as compared to less one. Although you can also easily buy a massage chair in just a few hundred dollars. But a professional massage chair that has more features comes in a thousand dollars. So you require a huge investment in buying a good option for regular use. However, this will be beneficial in the long term because a massage session in a spa or centre is more expensive than a massage chair.
- Limited Functional Areas: The massage chair has its own limitations as it works at only specific areas of the body. It works very well on various joints like the knee, back, neck, etc. But it cannot reach many spots such as the face where massage would not work.
- User’s Weight: Every massage chair has its own capacity to hold the maximum. Beyond this, it can’t hold anymore. So a user with a high weight capacity cannot use them.
- Installation and Storage: The massage chairs are mostly heavy and big. The installation process of these machines is not easy. They require a huge space for storage and installation. So everyone can’t afford them with limited space.
- Limited Functional Capacity: Mostly good massage chairs have come smart with maximum features. It completely relaxes the body with a decrease in the pain level. But there are certain cases where a qualified specialist will work effectively. Because specialists will know the exact reason for injury and how much pressure applied to specific types of muscle groups that will not affect the body functions.